Indo-German Cooperation on Seed Sector Development (consolidation phase)
01.07.2019 – 31.03.2024 (Four years nine months)
A contribution will be made to ensure that the Indian Seed Sector secures adequate supply of high quality seeds to Indian farmers and strengthens their competitiveness, and that the conditions for international cooperation are improved.
Specific Project Objective
The continued bilateral cooperation will consolidate the achievements of the previous project phase by strengthening the Indian seed sector In the following fields:
- Political & regulative framework of the seed sector
- Harmonization of DUS testing (distinctness, uniformity and stability) and VCU testing (value for cultivation and use testing) of new plant varieties
- Production, storage, processing, certification and trade of high quality of seed.
The practical implementation will be carried out with focus on the following three zones:
- Northern Zone: (Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana and Uttarakhand)
- Eastern Zone: (Odisha, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Eastern Uttar Pradesh)
- Southern Zone: (Telangana, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu).
Direct: Representatives of Indian seed authorities and staff of seed testing and certification agencies, agricultural universities, representatives of state and private seed companies and their interest groups, representatives of civil society.
Indirect: Farmers using Indian quality seed.